Waste collection will not occur on holidays. On weeks containing a holiday, waste collection service that week will be moved back one day following the holiday. For example, if your waste collection day is typically on Monday, but that day is a holiday, your garbage will be collected on Tuesday; Tuesday’s normal collection will then move to Wednesday, and so on, through Friday.
Holidays for City of Dayton
New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day.
Note: During the holiday season, the 90-gallon limit will be waived at designated dates announced each year. Excess household trash will be collected during the regularly scheduled waste collection day. This will not include bulk items or items from cleaning out of basements, etc.
Waste Collection Dos & Don’ts
- Do have your roll-out container or bulk items out by 7 a.m.
- Do keep bulk and metal items separated (they're picked up by a separate truck).
- Do place the recycling container or any other items at least 5 feet from your roll-out container.
- Do keep yard waste separated from other collection items (it also must be cut and tied in 4-foot
- lengths no larger than 18 inches in diameter).
- Do not leave roll out at curb or alley after collection.
- Do not overfill roll-out (lid should be closed on roll out).
- Do not place any hot items in roll out (e.g., ashes from fireplace).
- Do not place roll out close to any obstruction (such as an automobile).
- Do not put loose trash in roll out (wrap or bag all trash).
- Do not have trash piled on or around roll out.